Time saving tips for eating healthy
Keeping to your healthy New Year’s resolutions doesn’t have to take over all your spare time.
Chop up 3-4 days worth of vegetables to have on hand in the fridge in airtight containers so you can make yourself a quick salad/stir fry and serve with a palm sized portion of protein such as lean beef/lamb/chicken/fish, tofu or tempeh.
- Beetroot – Fresh grated/cubed and lightly steamed
- Carrot sticks/julienne/grated
- Capsicum – cubed/sticks/roasted (cut in half, place on baking tray and roast at 2000C until skin is slightly charred (30-40min) let cool slightly and peel.
- Keep as much of the natural oils as you can and store in airtight container in fridge.
- Cucumber – Sliced/sticks
- Pumpkin/Sweet potato – Cubed and lightly steamed
- Leafy greens such as rocket/baby kale/spinach – wash, dry in a spinner and store in an airtight container.
- Cook up batches of chickpeas/beans/lentils to have ready in the fridge/freezer to add to meals
Make up batches of meals and freeze, e.g if making a frittata – make a double batch so you can have one in the fridge and freeze one.
Make double batches of soups, sauces and casseroles so you can freeze some
Make up a jar of mixed raw nuts with goji berries. Coconut shreds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and cacao nibs to have a ready made between meal snack.
Make up an easy quinoa & seed loaf slice and freeze – only use what is required each time – (1 x1cm thick slices per serve)
serve this with a spread of tahini, ¼ mashed avocado and sliced tomato/sardines and tomato