Super moist egg free Chocolate Cake – Thermomix instructions
- 100g butter
- 50g rolled oats, blitzed in Thermomix or food processes or make oat flour
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 400g steamed, mashed sweet potato or pumpkin
- 100g water
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 250g SR flour
- 20g cocao
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter on 60 degrees for 2 minutes, speed two
- Add sugar, vanilla, sweet potato and water and heat at 60 degrees for 2 minutes, speed 2.
- Add bicarb soda and mix for 5 seconds on speed 2.
- Add oats, flour, cocoa ad cinnamon and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Use spatula to scrape the sides and mix for another 5 seconds.
- Pour into a lined 20cm round cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. This is a soft and denser cake because of the sweet potato and oats, it tends to be slightly lighter if you use pumpkin.
Delicious and healthier served with natural Greek yoghurt and berries, however, for something different you can try Date Icing.
- 10-12 Medjool dates (soaked in hot water for up to 10 minutes and then drained if not very soft and plump)
- 40g cacao
- 50-100 g cold water
- Pinch of salt flakes
- 2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Pinch of cinnamon or cardamom (optional)
- 2-3 teaspoon coconut oil
Start with 50g water and blitz in the Thermomix (speed 7-8 for 5 seconds at a time then scrap down) or food processor until smooth, adding more water as needed to reach the desired consistency. This is like dark chocolate icing so you can decrease the cacao for a lighter flavour.