Gluten Free Quinoa, Fruit, Seed & Nut Loaf
A bit of a sweet, but not too sweet version of my quinoa, nut and seed loaf. Served with homemade jam and greek yoghurt. Kind of reminds me of a healthier/ nutty version of scones with jam and cream.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup hazel nuts
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 ½ cups / quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup acai powder
- 4 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 – 2.5 cups water
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Press into a lined loaf pan and smooth top with the back of a spoon
- Let sit for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Cool completely before slicing.
- Store bread in an air-tight container for up to four days or slice and freeze.
- Toast and serve with home made jam and greek yoghurt.